[comp.sys.ibm.pc] remac problem

cs163wbf@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (RICHARD WUN) (05/29/90)

I have ftp the remac files from terminator.cc.umich.edu, but
I have a problem  after I download the remac1.zip file to my pc and
try to unzip it.  It tells me to fix the file by using pkzipfix so I
did, but that didn't work.  I'm I downloading wrong?  I used
pckermit to download the file.  Can anyone help an inexperienced
unix user.

Richard Wun
InterNet:  cs163wbf@icse2.ucsd.edu

shim@zip.eecs.umich.edu (Sam Shim) (05/30/90)

In article <10927@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> cs163wbf@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (RICHARD WUN) writes:
>I have ftp the remac files from terminator.cc.umich.edu, but
>I have a problem  after I download the remac1.zip file to my pc and
>try to unzip it.  It tells me to fix the file by using pkzipfix so I
>did, but that didn't work.  I'm I downloading wrong?  I used
>pckermit to download the file.  Can anyone help an inexperienced
>unix user.

Sounds like you ftp'ed it as a text file instead of as a binary file.  Type
"binary" at the ftp prompt to engage binary file transfer.

|  Sam Shim                                   | "I didn't do it...            |
|  EECS Departmental Computing Organization   |  It wasn't me...              |
|  University of Michigan                     |  Nobody saw me do it...       |
|  Ann Arbor, MI 48109                        |  Nobody can prove a thing..." |
|  internet: shim@eecs.umich.edu              |  - Bart Simpson               |