[comp.sys.ibm.pc] path longer than 128 characters?

rarcher@anomaly.UUCP (Robert Archer) (05/30/90)

The only way I know to incerease the path amount is to cheat.  Have each
path as an enviormental varible.  Of course you may have to increase your enviorment space but, tyry this...
Set A=here\there\this\that\another\whatever
SET B=C:\this\directory\is\for\this
SET C=E:\another\dir\is\very\deep\oh\boy
path=C:\;A;B;C

Hope it works for you..
BOb

--
"What does God need with a Starship?"
...!uunet!rayssd!anomaly!rarcher

marc@pinet.aip.org (Marc Wiener) (05/31/90)

In article <1689@anomaly.UUCP> rarcher@anomaly.UUCP (Robert Archer) writes:
>The only way I know to incerease the path amount is to cheat.  Have each
>path as an enviormental varible.  Of course you may have to increase your enviorment space but, tyry this...

I am using the programs setpath.exe and envsize.exe which I downloaded
from Compuserve a while back. Setpath allows a longer path size and lets
you put the path in a file. Envsize was necessary to increase the environment
size to allow the longer path. They are both sharware programs.
--

Marc Wiener                         marc@pinet.aip.org
American Institute of Physics       marc@aip.bitnet