[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Online Medical Dictionary/Speller Wanted

dpb@philabs.philips.com (Paul Benjamin) (05/30/90)

I'm looking for an online medical dictionary for use on
an AT-compatible.  ASCII would be fine.  If someone has
one to email, great!  Pointers to available products
would be helpful, too.  Thanks in advance.

Paul Benjamin

RR.PPE@forsythe.stanford.edu (05/31/90)

In article <97218@philabs.Philips.Com>,
dpb@philabs.philips.com (Paul Benjamin) writes:
>I'm looking for an online medical dictionary for use on
>an AT-compatible.  ASCII would be fine.  If someone has

A company called Reference Software in San Francisco
makes specialized dictionaries.  They also make
Grammatik.  You might check them out.

ccimino@hstbme.mit.edu (c cimino) (06/01/90)

In article <97218@philabs.Philips.Com>,
>dpb@philabs.philips.com (Paul Benjamin) writes:
>I'm looking for an online medical dictionary for use on
>an AT-compatible.  ASCII would be fine.  If someone has

Stedman's Medical Dictionary is available as a spell checker.
(Just came out) When I research this a few months ago there was no electronic
medical dictionary (ie. with definitions) available and no plans by any major
publishers to produce .
Chris Cimino, MD     ccimino@hstbme.mit.edu