[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Help! DOS Object File Info Needed

jmh@coyote.uucp (John Hughes) (06/01/90)

I need to get my hands on a description of the internal structure of DOS
type object files. So far I've managed to decipher some of the 3-byte
record headers, but......

If anyone out there in the binary ether knows where this info lurks,
I would really appreciate it if you could pass this along.

John M. Hughes                 "The most incomprehensible thing about us is
jmh@coyote.UUCP                our cheerfulness..." - Nietzsche
...arizona!coyote!jmh          (Philosophers are a truly strange bunch....)

rob@conexch.UUCP (Robert Collins) (06/05/90)

In article <1990May31.190321.29851@coyote.uucp> jmh@coyote.UUCP (John Hughes) writes:
>I need to get my hands on a description of the internal structure of DOS
>type object files. So far I've managed to decipher some of the 3-byte
>record headers, but......

Microsoft has this information, and will gladly give it out.  I received a
copy from them.

--
"Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."  Mat. 4:10
Robert Collins                 UUCP:  ucbvax!ucivax!icnvax!conexch!rob

richgi@microsoft.UUCP (Richard GILLMANN) (06/05/90)

DOS object files are described in the MS-DOS Encyclopedia.