[comp.sys.ibm.pc] U.S. Constitution on IBM PC

m1tdg00@fsrcs1.fed.frb.gov (Taegan D. Goddard) (05/31/90)

The following is taken from PC-Hands On magazine:

Constitutional Rights: Liberty!

Learn about one of the most important political documents in history, the
U.S. Constitution.  Liberty! is a hypertext version of this document,
complete with all Articles and Amendments.  The program inlcudes a history
of the Constitution covering the dates of key events, the leaders that
established the U.S. government, and the process of the convention and the
ratification of the Constitution.  The most important Supreme Court cases
dealing with constitutional issues are also described, along with their impact
on the interpretation or clarification of the Constitution.  The on-line
document includes a complete table of contents, an index, and cross-referencing
to related topics.  The original spelling and punctutation are retained.  There
is a quiz to test your constitutional knowledge.

Liberty! requires 384K RAM and uses EGA, VGA or Hercules graphics.  It can
also use a mouse if one is available.  It costs $29.95.  A full color
catalog is available from Zephyr Services, 1900 Murray Avenue, Pittsburgh,
PA 15217 Phone: (800) 533-6666

pete@northstar38.dartmouth.edu (Pete Schmitt) (06/01/90)

m1tdg00@fsrcs1.fed.frb.gov (Taegan D. Goddard) writes:

>The following is taken from PC-Hands On magazine:

>Constitutional Rights: Liberty!

I got this and feel that it's a great program for the price!

>Liberty! requires 384K RAM and uses EGA, VGA or Hercules graphics.  It can

Make sure you have at least EGA or it won't work.

--
     Peter Schmitt					UNIX/VMS Consultant
Kiewit Computation Center				   User Services

marks@cattie.UUCP (06/05/90)

m1tdg00@fsrcs1.fed.frb.gov (Taegan D. Goddard) writes:

> The following is taken from PC-Hands On magazine:
>[an add for some constitution program]

Why in the world is this posted?  The USENET is not a free advertizing
medium!
-----
Mark Schaffer     ...!uunet!cbmvax!hutch!cattie!marks
                  16448591@vuvaxcom.BITNET

m1tdg00@fsrcs1.fed.frb.gov (Taegan D. Goddard) (06/07/90)

]
]   >
]   > The following is taken from PC-Hands On magazine (with Permission):
]   -----
]   Mark Schaffer     ...!uunet!cbmvax!hutch!cattie!marks
]		     16448591@vuvaxcom.BITNET
]

I'm sorry but the posting was not an advertisement.  It was a review of an
educational software package on the U.S. Constitution.  If bozos like you
knew anything about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights you would realize
that we all have a right to free speech.

Many mentions of products are made on USENET to aid consumers in making the
right purchases.  The posting of the review of Liberty! was made to let
people know it existed - that's all.  I didn't encourage people to buy it.

Given your lack of knowledge of our rights in this country, it's probably
a useful program for you to buy.