[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Summary, Multiple Logins w/Unix

arasmith@mathcs.emory.edu (David Arasmith) (06/07/90)

In article <504@ra.MsState.Edu>, pam1@ra.MsState.Edu (Phillip A. McReynolds) writes:
> Quoth arasmith@mathcs.emory.edu (David Arasmith):
>
> >The program you'll want to get a hold of (though it might still not exist
> >for the PC) is called "uw" (for unix windows or something like that).  It
> >was originally written for the MAC and has been ported to some other
> >machines (amiga(?), AT&T 3b1).  I have heard rumblings about it's existence
> >but I've gotten nothing that works.  I have a fair amount of information
> >about the unix end of things (protocols, etc.) if you would like info to
> >write your own.  Hope this hleps somehow!
>
> {I wrote him back concerning the AT&T software and he responsed that Andy
> Fyfe was the developer and so that anyone wishing to develop an implementation
Just to clear this up before it goes too far, Andy developed a client side
for the 3b1 (ATT Unixpc).  I have NO knowledge of authorship of the server
side.  Consequently, don't bug Andy if you want to implement the server.

filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler
filler

Thanks,

--
David M. Arasmith   |  arasmith@mathcs.emory.edu	        Internet
Emory University    |  {sun!sunatl,gatech}!emory!arasmith	UUCP