[comp.sys.ibm.pc] GIF Paint Programs

mrichter@topaz.rutgers.edu (mrichter) (06/08/90)

I'm looking for a paint program (VGA) that saves and edits GIF format
files.  Does anybody know of/use any, either commercial or Public
Domain/Shareware?

Thanks.
--

					Quantum Buc

^ E-MAIL:    buc@world.std.com                                            v
^ UUCP:      uunet!world!buc                                              v
^ NEWSFLASH: Due to Quantum LEAP's popularity, NBC has Fall Saturday      v
 <<<<<<<<<<  Morning spinoff planned -- "Quantum Babies": The Adventures  v
          ^  of Sam and Al when they were kids!                           v
          ^  (Guest Starring LEAPie the Quantum Duck!)                    v
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Let the pigeons loose!!!

news@udenva.cair.du.edu (netnews) (06/09/90)

In article <Jun.7.15.49.08.1990.12546@topaz.rutgers.edu> mrichter@topaz.rutgers.edu (mrichter) writes:

>I'm looking for a paint program (VGA) that saves and edits GIF format
>files.  Does anybody know of/use any, either commercial or Public
>Domain/Shareware?

Try PC Paint v3.1 or above.  It can read and write several formats, including
GIF, PCX (PC Paintbrush format), and PIC (PC Paint format).

Phil Tripp, Computing and Information Resources, U of Denver, Denver, CO, USA
ptripp@zephyr.cair.du.edu