[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Seeking info on ZEOS International

mmitchel@msd.gatech.edu (Mark A. Mitchell) (06/12/90)

I recently received some unsolicited shareware (5 disks worth) from
an outfit called ZEOS International in St. Paul.  Does anyone have any
information about this company?

I'm a bit hesitant to start trying out the programs they sent without
knowledge of who they are.

--
"Man is the best computer ...               |  Mark A. Mitchell  Georgia Tech
 and the only one that can be mass produced |  GTRI/STL/MSD      Atlanta, GA

mlord@bnr-rsc.UUCP (Mark Lord) (06/12/90)

In article <10344@hydra.gatech.EDU> mmitchel@msd.gatech.edu (Mark A. Mitchell) writes:
>I recently received some unsolicited shareware (5 disks worth) from
>an outfit called ZEOS International in St. Paul.  Does anyone have any
>information about this company?
>
>I'm a bit hesitant to start trying out the programs they sent without
>knowledge of who they are.

Grab a copy of PC-Magazine, look in the advertisers index (near the back).

ZEOS is a large maker of computers, and they currently have one of the hottest
hardware deals going.. $1399 for a fully-equipped 386sx (mono, 32MB drive).

Why they would send you disks, though... very strange..
--
 ___Mark S. Lord_________________________ _____________________________
| ..uunet!bnrgate!bmerh614!mlord         | These are only my opinions. |

doerschu@rex.cs.tulane.edu (David Doerschuk) (06/12/90)

In article <10344@hydra.gatech.EDU> mmitchel@msd.gatech.edu (Mark A. Mitchell) writes:
>I recently received some unsolicited shareware (5 disks worth) from
>an outfit called ZEOS International in St. Paul.  Does anyone have any
>information about this company?

I'd be careful.  There is a large hardware manufacturer named Zeos in
St. Paul, but I'm at a loss as to why they would be shipping unsolicited
shareware; they're a legitimate business.  I'd either toss the disks
in the wastebin, or call Zeos's administrative phone number: 612-633-4591.
If Zeos didn't send you the software, please post so that we'll all know
the story, OK?
Dave Doerschuk
doerschu@rex.cs.tulane.edu