[comp.sys.ibm.pc] For sale: 330Meg Priam ESDI Hard disk. Best offer.

pa1409@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Steven Haehnichen) (06/08/90)

             FOR SALE:  Priam 330 Meg ESDI Hard Drive
	                with 16-bit HD/FD controller (& cables)
			Used, but like new.

      Will pay 1/2 shipping.

      Highest reasonable offer received by Wed, June 13 accepted.
      Expecting ~$1000; will consider 50+ Meg RLL trade (slow OK) + $$.

Reply to:  shaehnichen@ucsd.edu   or
           shaehnichen@ucsd.bitnet  or
	   return path to this article.

	   					Steve.

aceverj@accucx.cc.ruu.nl (Jaap Verhage) (06/10/90)

In article <11319@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> pa1409@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Steven Haehnichen) writes:

>             FOR SALE:  Priam 330 Meg ESDI Hard Drive
>	                with 16-bit HD/FD controller (& cables)
>			Used, but like new.
>
>      Will pay 1/2 shipping.

[...]
This, indeed, I find ridiculous. In Holland, I am *not*
interested in somebody selling a disk or whatever in the US of
A. As I saw in the header of this posting, something like
`misc.forsale.computers' exists. Shall we please restrict
ourselves to that forum for messages like this?

cg108fep@icogsci1.ucsd.edu (Dennis Lou) (06/11/90)

In article <458@accucx.cc.ruu.nl> aceverj@accucx.UUCP (Jaap Verhage) writes:
>A. As I saw in the header of this posting, something like
>`misc.forsale.computers' exists. Shall we please restrict
>ourselves to that forum for messages like this?

Does misc.forsale.computers really exist?  How come I haven't seen
it?  (my system usually prompts me if I want to add new newsgroups
that have just been formed)

Last time I tried (a few weeks ago), my system said it doesn't
exist...

--
Dennis "Still looking for a job" Lou | DISCLAIMER: Disclaimers don't work!
   pa1568@sdcc13.ucsd.edu            |

terry@eesun1.eece.ksu.edu (Terry Hull) (06/11/90)

cg108fep@icogsci1.ucsd.edu (Dennis Lou) writes:

>In article <458@accucx.cc.ruu.nl> aceverj@accucx.UUCP (Jaap Verhage) writes:
>>A. As I saw in the header of this posting, something like
>>`misc.forsale.computers' exists. Shall we please restrict
>>ourselves to that forum for messages like this?

>Does misc.forsale.computers really exist?  How come I haven't seen
>it?  (my system usually prompts me if I want to add new newsgroups
>that have just been formed)

>Last time I tried (a few weeks ago), my system said it doesn't
>exist...

There is still no sanctioned group called misc.forsale.computers.
It has newgrouped, but not officially approved.

--
Terry Hull
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University

mp2k+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Palmquist) (06/11/90)

Jaap Verhage Writes:  This, indeed, I find ridiculous. In Holland, I am
*not*
interested in somebody selling a disk or whatever in the US of
A. As I saw in the header of this posting, something like
`misc.forsale.computers' exists. Shall we please restrict
ourselves to that forum for messages like this?
******

I agree.  I remember voting not long ago on a new subgroup for items
people wished to sell.  I can't remember when the end of the voting
period was.  Perhaps the folks conducting the vote could post and let us
know when (or if) such a board will come to be.  I wouldn't mind having
a place to look when I'm interested in hardware, but I don't think it
should be this group.

Mike Palmquist

************************
mp2k@andrew.cmu.edu
Department of English
Carnegie Mellon University
voice:  412/268-5636

grinberg@bimacs.BITNET (Dennis Grinberg) (06/12/90)

Jaap Verhage Writes:  This, indeed, I find ridiculous. In Holland, I am
>*not*
>interested in somebody selling a disk or whatever in the US of
>A. As I saw in the header of this posting, something like
>`misc.forsale.computers' exists. Shall we please restrict
>ourselves to that forum for messages like this?
>******

I (partially) disagree. Although it should have been posted to something
like misc.forsale.computers (if such a beast exists), I would be
interested in reading it even though I'm thousands of miles away from
the USA.  Not only people living in the US look at the prices in
ads in computer magazines.

--
Dennis Grinberg, Dept. of Math & CS, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, Israel
BITNET:   grinberg@bimacs.bitnet