[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Music from CD-ROM Drives: How?

nab@sppy00.UUCP (BELAIR NEAL A.) (06/14/90)

In article <1990Jun13.141821.6096@cs.utk.edu> wozniak@utkux1.utk.edu (Bryon Lape) writes:

>	I have looked through magazines, but I cannot find it.  Does
>anyone know the phone number for Hitachi?

On a similar note, does anyone know how to convince the Hitachi CDR-3600
CD-ROM drive to use its built in audio circuitry to play music compact discs?
I am running the drive under the MS-DOS CD-ROM Extensions Hitachi driver.
Both the Hitachi Instruction Manual and the Extensions manual say that audio
playback is supported but neither one tells how to activate that support.
The drive even includes an audio line out, headphone jack and volume control.

Neal (UUCP: osu-cis!sppy00!nab or Wk: (614) 764 6085)