[comp.sys.ibm.pc] General Desqview questions

a516@mindlink.UUCP (Jordan Melville) (06/13/90)

> In article <1990Jun14.015041.7531@vicom.com>, vaughn@vicom.com (Vaughn
> Balchunas) wrote:
> My question is - Can I run Telix, Windows2.0, and maybe a game at the same
> time if I buy Desqview?

I have successfully had Windows 3.0 running in real mode, a DOS window, and my
BBS up less memory than that with no virtualization... DESQview is the best
multi-tasking package around as far as I'm concerned. (insert IMHO there)

Jordan.

Jordan C. Melville         Voice: (604) 943-7155
Vancouver, BC                BBS: (604) 943-3503 (2400baud)
"There's blood in the       UUCP: {uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!a516
streets, it's up to my            a516@mindlink.UUCP
ankles" - The Doors

vaughn@vicom.com (Vaughn Balchunas) (06/14/90)

I have a Convergent Technologies 286 PC.

My memory is currently setup as 640 base, 512 extended, and 896 Expanded.
I'm using an Everex 3000 with their EMS driver.

My question is - Can I run Telix, Windows2.0, and maybe a game at the same time
if I buy Desqview?

Do I need to buy Qram also?

What are my limitations? (IE., How many and how large can the applications be?)

Should I change my memory configuration?

Thanks.