[comp.sys.ibm.pc] complaint of Everex service

mha@fiver.UUCP (Mike Auria) (06/13/90)

Dear Kenneth Hendrickson:

Everex manufactures and distributes a wide range of PC  products.
Because of our broad product lines, we have recently expanded our
technical  support  hours from 6am to 5pm Monday thru  Friday  to
handle  roughly  2000 calls a day, as well as upgraded to  a  new
phone  system, and increased our technical support staff to  over
50 Technical Support Representatives.  We care about support  and
believe in what we are doing.

I  apologize  for  the problems you have had  in  trying  to  get
support for your hard disk - getting hung up on and being put  on
hold  indefinitely.  I can assure you that this is not  the  norm
and  is  merely  a  fault in our current  system.   In  terms  of
technical   support,  our  goal  is  to  achieve  100%   customer
satisfaction.  This is a very difficult goal to reach because  of
the  fact that we receive over 2000 calls daily and support  over
150 products.

I believe that the first impression you received from our support
group does not represent an accurate picture of our  performance.
We  have been in business, and doing quite well, for  over  seven
years.  I strongly believe that a company cannot get this far  in
any business if its support is inadequate.

I  feel  it is somewhat unfair of you to make  such  general  and
negative comments about Everex especially since you have given us
only one opportunity.  Furthermore, verbally abusing Everex  will
not  solve anything.  A better approach would be to call us,  or,
should you have problems reaching us by phone, write us a letter.

Everex Technical Support
901 Page Ave.
Fremont, CA 94538

Technical Support Phone  415-498-1115
Technical Support Fax    415-683-3398

We have responded to over 600 letters in the past four months.

Sincerely,

Everex Technical Support

jon@csinc.UUCP (Jon Barber) (06/14/90)

In article <1061@fiver.UUCP>, mha@fiver.UUCP (Mike Auria) writes:
> Dear Kenneth Hendrickson:
>
> Everex manufactures and distributes a wide range of PC  products.
> Because of our broad product lines, we have recently expanded our
> technical  support  hours from 6am to 5pm Monday thru  Friday  to

> [...several paragraphs deleted...]

> I  feel  it is somewhat unfair of you to make  such  general  and
> negative comments about Everex especially since you have given us
> only one opportunity.  Furthermore, verbally abusing Everex  will
> not  solve anything.  A better approach would be to call us,  or,
> should you have problems reaching us by phone, write us a letter.

[...more stuff deleted...]

> Sincerely,
>
> Everex Technical Support

I have had dealings with the author, Mike Auria, and what he says
(IMHO) is true. Also true is that the phone system is prone to hangups
and extended holds.

When I did get to speak to a real person, they were both polite and helpful.

Jon

Please note- I am not affiliated in any way, shape or form with Everex
and the opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would have them?).