[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Floppy drive & Windows 3.0

robertst@en.ecn.purdue.edu (06/14/90)

I am having a problem with Windows 3.0.  I have installed it on a 386sx
with 4 megs of RAM, Award BIOS, 1.2 meg floppy drive, and no TSR's are
loaded.  The problem is that the machine reboots anytime drive a: is
accessed.  This only happens in the enhanced mode of operation.  Does
anyone have a suggestion as to why this is happening?

newbie@inmet.UUCP (Chris Newbold) (06/15/90)

In article <1990Jun14.123549.15773@ecn.purdue.edu> robertst@en.ecn.purdue.edu writes:
>I am having a problem with Windows 3.0.  I have installed it on a 386sx
>with 4 megs of RAM, Award BIOS, 1.2 meg floppy drive, and no TSR's are
>loaded.  The problem is that the machine reboots anytime drive a: is
>accessed.  This only happens in the enhanced mode of operation.  Does
>anyone have a suggestion as to why this is happening?

Check throught the three file SYSINI.TXT, SYSINI2.TXT and SYSINI3.TXT (I
think I got the names right, but if not they're similar).  There is a
note accompanying one of the 386 enhanced-mode options about trouble
with floppy drive A:.  I think all you have to do is change the option
in SYSINI.INI (?).  I just read through these files last night, so I don't
remember exactly what the problem or option was, but if you go through
this stuff, you'll find it.

--
   Intermetrics, Inc	|  	      "Don't mess with Mrs. Murphy!"         |
           Disclaimer: "All warranties expire upon payment of invoice."
newbie@inmet.UUCP * inmet!newbie@uunet.uu.net * ctne_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu