[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Number

djo7613@hardy.u.washington.edu (Dick O'Connor) (06/13/90)

Has anyone got a good *working* number for Tech Support at Microsoft?
(apparently, living in the same area code doesn't prevent busy signals!!)
I'm trying to find out if/when Microsoft Bookshelf will support/coexist
with WordPerfect 5.1, and the number they list (206) 454-2030 X112
(formerly (206) 882-8089) has been "busy" for three weeks.

I'll try any number.  Thanks for any help you can offer...

"Moby" Dick O'Connor                         djo7613@u.washington.edu
Washington Department of Fisheries           *I brake for salmonids*

djo7613@hardy.u.washington.edu (Dick O'Connor) (06/16/90)

In article <3786@optilink.UUCP> cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:
>In article <4107@milton.acs.washington.edu>, djo7613@hardy.u.washington.edu (Dick O'Connor) writes:
>> Has anyone got a good *working* number for Tech Support at Microsoft?
>>
>> "Moby" Dick O'Connor                         djo7613@u.washington.edu
>
>That's the right number -- it can be busy for extended periods of
>time, but I can usually get through the same day I start trying.
>--
>Clayton E. Cramer {pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer

And, a semi-official response... :)

From: microsoft!sunni@uunet.uu.net
Date: Thu Jun 14 12:02:56 1990
To: uunet!cs.utexas.edu!sdd.hp.com!uakari.primate.wisc.edu!dali.cs.montana.edu!milton!hardy.u.washington.edu!djo7613
Subject: Re: Number(s) for Microsoft
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc

Hi. I work at MS Product Support. We have been swamped with
Windows 3.0 calls.

If you call after 4pm, you should be able to get through.

We have a program patch for Wordperfect 5.0, but I am not
aware of one for 5.1.

Sunni