[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Monitors.....

dragon@oliveb.UUCP (Dean Brunette) (05/13/87)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
Subject: Re: ibm monitor compatibility with att pc6300+
In article <353@homxc.UUCP> rps@homxc.UUCP (R.SHARPLES) writes:
>Taxan makes the 635 and 650 which are both AT&T compatible (6300, 6300+,
>6310).  They imply that they sell a card that will even provide EGA
>function in a 63XX system with a minimum of fuss.  This I am not so sure
>about.
>
>Russ Sharples
>
>NOTE:
>
>The above in NO WAY reflects the opinions of AT&T.
>These opinions are my own and the results of un-scientific and
>highly irregular analysis methods.

Also don't forget the multisync style monitors which can be used with the
AT&T computers, such as the Taxan 770, Nanao 8060, etc.

These also work with other adapters as well in case one wishes to upgrade
from the indigenous board or the DEB board.

--
Dean Brunette                      {ucbvax,etc.}!hplabs!oliveb!olivej!dragon
Olivetti Advanced Technology Center     _____   _____   __|__   _____

rps@homxc.UUCP (05/13/87)

In article <987@oliveb.UUCP>, dragon@oliveb.UUCP writes:

> Also don't forget the multisync style monitors which can be used with the
> AT&T computers, such as the Taxan 770, Nanao 8060, etc.
>
> These also work with other adapters as well in case one wishes to upgrade
> from the indigenous board or the DEB board.
>

> --
> Dean Brunette                      {ucbvax,etc.}!hplabs!oliveb!olivej!dragon
> Olivetti Advanced Technology Center     _____   _____   __|__   _____
> 20300 Stevens Creek Blvd.              |     |  _____|    |    |
> Cupertino, CA 95014                    |_____| |_____|    |__  |_____

Now the $64,000 question is: are their any cards out there which will
allow EGA to be displayed on the AT&T color monitor?  It is beyond me
as to why the DEB does not automatically emulate the EGA in the same
fashion that the IDB emulates the CGA.  Anybody know the answer here?

Russ Sharples
homxc!rps

NOTE:

The above in NO WAY reflects the opinions of AT&T.
These opinions are my own and the results of un-scientific and
highly irregular analysis methods.

dalec@hpwala.HP.COM (Dale Coder) (03/26/88)

	I am interested in a monitor which is CGA, EGA, and VGA
compatible AND can be used as a color tv monitor (if such an
animal exists). If it does not
come with audio, info on how to hook up an audio output would
also be appreciated. While you're at it, you might also include
information on where I could find a discount dealer in the New
England area or a discount distributor anywhere.

				Much thanks to anyone who can do this,

				Dale Coder

wallwey@boulder.Colorado.EDU (WALLWEY DEAN WILLIAM) (06/16/90)

I don't really know a better place to post this (if you do, tell me), but
here it goes.  I am trying to find out some more information on monitors
that use a Sony Trinitron(tm)(sp?) tube that are able to handle 1024x768
non-interlaced or better. I have not been able to find any information
about the following monitors:

Seiko 1450
Sony GDM-1606

but have found info on the Sony HG and Seiko 1440 in recent articles in PC
Magazine, but they do not include the above mentioned monitors.  If you
have any information, have used, or can direct me to some reviews about
the above monitors or any other Trinitron based ones, please E-mail me.

Thanks in advance,
	Dean Wallwey

phil@pepsi.amd.com (Phil Ngai) (06/16/90)

In article <22302@boulder.Colorado.EDU> wallwey@snoopy.Colorado.EDU (WALLWEY DEAN WILLIAM) writes:
|Seiko 1450

Not an official product yet. (not announced or introduced)

|Sony GDM-1606

I don't know if this is the exact part number. There is a monitor
(GDM-1605?) which was 1024x768 only, i.e. you couldn't run VGA on
it since it wasn't multisync. If the 1606 is the right part number,
it might mean Sony was adding m.s. to the 1605. I don't believe
this product has been announced or introduced yet either.

You can plan on paying about $1400 for it if it's available.

--
Phil Ngai, phil@amd.com		{uunet,decwrl,ucbvax}!amdcad!phil

peter@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Peter Wu) (06/16/90)

In article <1990Jun16.015704.12210@bach.amd.com> phil@pepsi.amd.com (Phil Ngai) writes:
>In article <22302@boulder.Colorado.EDU> wallwey@snoopy.Colorado.EDU (WALLWEY DEAN WILLIAM) writes:
>|Seiko 1450
>
>Not an official product yet. (not announced or introduced)

Not true.  They have ads in PC Magazine already and many mail order
places has it listed in their ads.  They are not shipping yet though
for about two more weeks or so because of red tape from Japan.  This
information is directly from Seiko, I called them up two days ago.

>Phil Ngai, phil@amd.com		{uunet,decwrl,ucbvax}!amdcad!phil

Pedro Quien?