[comp.sys.ibm.pc] RGB palettes

RDENHAM@vm.ucs.UAlberta.CA (User name Unknown) (06/26/90)

Disclaimer: Author bears full responsibility for contents of this article

   I have been trying to do some graphics programming with a VGA card,
 but I cannot find any documentation on changing the graphics palette
 at the level of the BIOS.  It should be simple enough, but the usual
 information I have on BIOS interrupts was written before the advent of
 RGB palettes.  I would much appreciate it if someone familiar with
 low-level programming could give me a reference.  Thanks...

  Graham Denham

waynet@kit.CNA.TEK.COM (Wayne Turner) (06/27/90)

In article <928@vm.ucs.UAlberta.CA> RDENHAM@vm.ucs.UAlberta.CA writes:
>Disclaimer: Author bears full responsibility for contents of this article
>

>   I have been trying to do some graphics programming with a VGA card,
> but I cannot find any documentation on changing the graphics palette
> at the level of the BIOS.  It should be simple enough, but the usual
>  Graham Denham

You can use ROM BIOS Video Service 10H to do this. See "Programmer's
Guide to the IBM PC and PS/2" by Norton and Wilton (2nd Edition, 1988)
Chapter 9.

Wayne Turner

         Regards,
         Wayne