[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Seagate 506 - what is it?

mann@caip.rutgers.edu (Lisa Mann) (06/27/90)

Subject says it all.  We picked one up used but can't find a reference
to this drive in the Seagate Drive docs we got with new drives.  I am
interested in formatted capacity, heads, cylinders, access time or any
info you can give me to figure out if this thing is a gem or a bomb.

Thanks

Lisa Mann
mann@caip.rutgers.edu

johngm@dhw68k.cts.com (John Miller) (07/01/90)

In article <Jun.27.00.56.36.1990.12731@caip.rutgers.edu> mann@caip.rutgers.edu (Lisa Mann) writes:
>Subject says it all.  We picked one up used but can't find a reference
>to this drive in the Seagate Drive docs we got with new drives.  I am
>interested in formatted capacity, heads, cylinders, access time or any
>info you can give me to figure out if this thing is a gem or a bomb.

The ST506 is a 5 meg 153 cyl. 4 head antique.   I don't know about access
times but I doubt if its less than 65ms.

Anyway I hope this helps you.  By the way it is MFM.

John

johngm@dhw68k.cts.com