[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 4DOS Bugs?

pasquale@sgl (Pasquale Leone) (06/29/90)

In article <3171@phred.UUCP> stevel@phred.UUCP (Steve Leach) writes:
>Hello 4Dos Users,
>  I have noticed just a couple things with the new release 3.00
>and 3.01a.  The first one is I beleave a bug and that is in the
>color command, YELLOW on anycolor produces RED on anycolor.  Also
>anycolor on YELLOW produces anycolor on RED.  But BRIGHT YELLOW
>on anycolor does work.  Can anybody else verify this or is it
>just on my card and monitor combination(paradise card, NEC multisync
>2A).

       Steve,

	Bright Yellow is true yellow as we know it, but Yellow as interpreted
by pc's is actually brown (which sometimes looks very much like red).
If you play around with the settings on your monitor you can get
the Yellow(brown) to look like brown.

cjp@beartrk.beartrack.com (CJ Pilzer) (07/01/90)

In article <3171@phred.UUCP>, stevel@phred.UUCP (Steve Leach) writes:
> Hello 4Dos Users,
>   I have noticed just a couple things with the new release 3.00
> and 3.01a.  The first one is I beleave a bug and that is in the
> color command, YELLOW on anycolor produces RED on anycolor.  Also
> anycolor on YELLOW produces anycolor on RED.  But BRIGHT YELLOW
> on anycolor does work.

I don't think that this is an error.  The color "yellow" is low intensity
and is supposed to be brown.  Most of the time it looks like red.  To
get a real yellow, you have to have a high intensity yellow which you
get with the command "bright yellow".

-- cj