[comp.sys.ibm.pc] HPLJ Memory Upgrades

mr@cica.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli) (07/12/90)

][

I'm thinking about getting a new HPLJIII.  I would like to use the 2Mb
memory upgrade board that is currently in my HPLJII and put it in the
HPLJ3.  Will there be a problem with this?

It is my understanding that the toner cartridge for the II is
compatible with the III.  Am I wrong?

Thanks for the advice.

--
michael regoli
mr@cica.cica.indiana.edu

ttak@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Timothy Takahashi) (07/12/90)

In article <mr.647797352@ogre> mr@cica.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli) writes:
>I'm thinking about getting a new HPLJIII.  I would like to use the 2Mb
>memory upgrade board that is currently in my HPLJII and put it in the
>HPLJ3.  Will there be a problem with this?

Yup.

The LJIII and the LJIIP supposedly use the same memory board, they are  not
compatible with LJII's (standard model)

>It is my understanding that the toner cartridge for the II is
>compatible with the III.  Am I wrong?

Nope. The LJIII and the LJII use the same toner (but not the IIP)

hope this helps

tim

mr@cica.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli) (07/13/90)

In <8315@ur-cc.UUCP> ttak@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Timothy Takahashi) writes:

>In article <mr.647797352@ogre> mr@cica.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli) writes:
>>I'm thinking about getting a new HPLJIII.  I would like to use the 2Mb
>>memory upgrade board that is currently in my HPLJII and put it in the
>>HPLJ3.  Will there be a problem with this?

>Yup.
>Nope. The LJIII and the LJII use the same toner (but not the IIP)
>hope this helps
>tim

Thanks, Tim.  It does help...

--
michael regoli
mr@cica.cica.indiana.edu

duvalj@bionette.cgrb.orst.edu (Joe Duval - Entomology) (07/13/90)

In article <mr.647797352@ogre> mr@cica.indiana.edu (Michael Regoli) writes:
>I'm thinking about getting a new HPLJIII.  I would like to use the 2Mb
>memory upgrade board that is currently in my HPLJII and put it in the
>HPLJ3.  Will there be a problem with this?

I just installed a HPLJIII for a department here.  I know for a fact that
the memory boards are different and you cannot use the HPLJII board in the
HPLJIII.

I don't know for sure about the toner cartridges.  They certainly look
the same.  If I had to guess, I would say they are the same.

-Joe
--
duvalj@bionette.cgrb.orst.edu           | Life is a tragedy for those that feel
Phone: (503) 929-2556  (Philomath, OR)  | and a comedy for those that think!