[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MS vs PC DOS

tomf@cms2.lonestar.org (Tom Fortner) (07/16/90)

Date: 13 Jul 90 06:50:23 MST (Fri)
From: texbell!romed!asuvax.eas.asu.edu!mcdphx!beagle!MAILER-DAEMON
Subject: failed mail
To: romed!asuvax.eas.asu.edu!romed!texbell!cms2!tomf

In the following article you wrote...
#I have been using IBM-type machines for years at work but have only
#just recently purchased one for home use.  I was under the impression
#that Radio Shack was going to include MS-DOS 3.3 with my AT clone but
#instead I got Tandy's version 3.20.22.  Is IBM's PC-DOS 3.3 identical
#to MS-DOS 3.3?  Will PC-DOS have trouble with the Phoenix BIOS ROM?  I
#guess these are pretty naive questions so please reply by e-mail so as
#not to consume people's disk space etc.
#

Marc
It depends on the Phoenix BIOS they used. I have a Phoenix BIOS in my
Packard Bell VX88 and it runs PC-DOS fine, but would not run MS-DOS.
I don't know why, since MS-DOS is supposed to be the one for non-IBM
machines.
Tom

--
    Tom Fortner                        ** The greatest gift a man can offer
    Christian Medical & Dental Society ** his Maker is a repentant committed