[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Faxing... attmail & mcimail in net.competition !

eli@spdcc.COM (Steve Elias) (07/16/90)

ibm.pc readers -- what trade rags have done reviews of fax boards lately?

 274-0106.mcimail.com (Paul J. Wilczynski) writes:

> mpl@pegasus.ATT.COM (Michael P. Lindner) writes...
>>Thanks for advertising on the net (at our expense).
>>
>>I won't say what service I work for.

yeah, it's a real tuff one to figure, with the "attmail" return address!

>Actually, I hadn't planned on putting a note about MCI Mail here until I saw
>someone else mention ATT Mail and give a phone number.  I figure that people
>should be allowed to investigate alternatives.

good point.  another alternative is to invest in one of the PC-fax
cards available out there and do your faxing with your own PC.

--
/eli
eli@spdcc.com

mpl@pegasus.ATT.COM (Michael P. Lindner) (07/16/90)

274-0106.mcimail.com (Paul J. Wilczynski) writes:
> mpl@pegasus.ATT.COM (Michael P. Lindner) writes...
>>Thanks for advertising on the net (at our expense).
>>I won't say what service I work for.
>
>yeah, it's a real tuff one to figure, with the "attmail" return address!

You shouldn't make any assumptions.  My article was against advertising on
the net.  Period.

>Actually, I hadn't planned on putting a note about MCI Mail here until I saw
>someone else mention ATT Mail and give a phone number.  I figure that people
>should be allowed to investigate alternatives.

Amazing!  So two wrongs DO make a right!  Might I suggest that this matter
not take up any more net.time?

Mike Lindner
attmail!mplindner

amanda@mermaid.intercon.com (Amanda Walker) (07/17/90)

In article <4903@pegasus.ATT.COM>, mpl@pegasus.ATT.COM (Michael P. Lindner)
writes:
> My article was against advertising on the net.  Period.

This is an "alt" group--normal Usenet rules do not necessarily apply.

> Amazing!  So two wrongs DO make a right!

I'd rather hear from both of you than neither one...  And when it comes
right down to it, I prefer an honest plug to pomposity.

--
Amanda Walker <amanda@intercon.com>
InterCon Systems Corporation