[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Folding Editor

trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) (07/18/90)

In article <436@keele.keele.ac.uk> cca04@.uk.ac.keele (P.J. Mitchell) writes:
>So does anybody out there know of a version of the folding editor that
>will work on ASCII files rather than the odd format that the one supplied
>by Meiko/Sension/Inmos does ?

I posted a version of my folding editor (FOLDED) to the net over a
year ago, so it is probably still bouncing around the archive servers.
I have a slightly newer version that I should probably post soon
that supports the IBM PC (Turbo C), the Atari ST (MWC), and a variety
of Unix flavors. I haven't had to make any code changes to it for a year
now, so it is pretty stable. It will work on any type of text file and also
supports multi-file relations, simple to understand multi-buffer
operations, etc. Let me know if you have trouble getting hold of the
posted version.  I just finished porting my HDSCAN package to the PC,
so will probably find time to re-post folded to comp.sources.misc in
the coming months.

  -Todd Burkey
   pwcs!stag!trb

einari@rhi.hi.is (Einar Indridason) (07/20/90)

In article <1990Jul18.042817.9247@stag.UUCP> trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) writes:
>I posted a version of my folding editor (FOLDED) to the net over a
>year ago, so it is probably still bouncing around the archive servers.

>now, so it is pretty stable. It will work on any type of text file and also
>supports multi-file relations, simple to understand multi-buffer

Please don't use the *8TH BIT* for commands or controls.  Please don't
mask the *8TH BIT*.  Please allow us here in Iceland to use it as well,
(and the rest of Europe.)

If you allow the use of the *8TH BIT* then you have my gratitude in
advance, wheter I will use it or not.

--
I just learned a new curse: "You #$@! son of SCROLLBAR!"

Internet:       einari@rhi.hi.is   | 'Just give me my command line and throw
UUCP: ..!mcsun!isgate!rhi!einari   | the GUIs in the dust-bin!!!!!!!!!'