[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 1024x768 monitors

joonsong@tornado.Berkeley.EDU (Suk-Hyun Song) (07/17/90)

I am looking for a SVGA monitor (1024x768 non-interlaced).
Can someone please recommend a good monitor.  I already have an
ATI VGA Wonder Card.

-js-

root@cca.ucsf.edu (Systems Staff) (07/19/90)

In article <1990Jul17.021906.16374@agate.berkeley.edu>, joonsong@tornado.Berkeley.EDU (Suk-Hyun Song) writes:
> I am looking for a SVGA monitor (1024x768 non-interlaced).
> Can someone please recommend a good monitor.  I already have an
> ATI VGA Wonder Card.

The least expensive brand name unit I know of is the Sony 1304HG.
If you want a larger one (16" nominal) the NEC 4D is being advertised
for about $500 more, i.e. $1100+ compared to $600+.

There is a discussion of the NEC unit in Zilbergeld's column in the
latest Computer Currents. I highly recommend the article.

My opinion is that 16" is _much_ nicer than 14" in monitors but I
think the $500 price difference is excessive.

The "list prices" are ridiculous in either case.

 Thos Sumner       Internet: thos@cca.ucsf.edu
 (The I.G.)        UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!cca.ucsf!thos
                   BITNET:  thos@ucsfcca

 U.S. Mail:  Thos Sumner, Computer Center, Rm U-76, UCSF
             San Francisco, CA 94143-0704 USA

I hear nothing in life is certain but death and taxes -- and they're
working on death.

#include <disclaimer.std>

YTHRROUS@MTUS5.BITNET (Roger Rouse) (07/29/90)

Try the AAMAZING monitor.  It's got an excellent picture, and it's
cheap.  I'm not sure where you can get them, though.

Roger

tjreynol@zephyr.cair.du.edu (Tim) (07/30/90)

In article <90210.100529YTHRROUS@MTUS5.BITNET> YTHRROUS@MTUS5.BITNET (Roger Rouse) writes:
>Try the AAMAZING monitor.  It's got an excellent picture, and it's
>cheap.  I'm not sure where you can get them, though.
>
>Roger

the AAMAZING monitor is made by Mag- Computronic
recently reviewed in PC Magazine; got Editor's Choice.

under the cheesy AAMAZING sticker is MagicSync in nice letters..
they are in Irvine California, i think,  i have a phone #
but i can't find it right now.

i love mine.
tim