[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Packard Bell doesn't really exist

linwood@cbnewsk.att.com (linwood.d.johnson) (09/08/90)

In article <1990Sep6.154721.12322@iwarp.intel.com>, dwight@iwarpk0.intel.com (Dwight McDuffee) writes for Duane:

  Duane talks of unprofessional things that Packard Bell has done.

> Duane S. Lundsten
> dlundste@ncube.com

 I have to say that I fully believe Duane and I hate to hear or see anything of this nature happening to anyone (especially another netnews reader).

But, I have a friend who also bought a Packard Bell from one of those consumer warehouse chains (The Price Club in this instance).  He had his for several months before he had any problems with it (around 9).  His daughter caused a hard drive crash somehow (with kid-a-magic).  He took his back to the  dealer and found much trouble when he tried to exchange it.  So, he called Packard Bell and told them of the difficulty that he was having with the Dealer.  The folks at Packard Bell told them that they would

 clear it up right away and told hime that they would get back with him.  And by the end of the Day the Dealer called him back and told him to bring it in and they'd replace it for him.  Needless to say, that he was very pleased and I was impressed wwith Packard Bell.

Linwood D. Johnson