[net.movies] Remakes that were better than the original

prudence@trw-unix.UUCP (05/26/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site harpo.UUCP
Date:Thu, 26-May-83 12:31:29 EDT

Let me nominate two remakes that were better than the original film:
The Mutiny on the Bounty with Brando, and Nosfertu with Kinski.
			Prudence
			{decvax, ucbvax}!trw-unix!prudence

neff@ihuxf.UUCP (05/28/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site mhuxt.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 5/26/83; site ihuxf.UUCP
Date:Fri, 27-May-83 18:55:55 EDT
Organization:BTL Naperville, Il.

Dare I nominate Cat People?

ntt@dciem.UUCP (ntt) (08/11/83)

(Followup to several items a couple of months old)
How could you all not mention The Maltese Falcon with Humphrey Bogart?
Personally, I would add Heaven Can Wait with Warren Beatty (remake of
Here Comes Mr. Jordan).