[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DESQview 386 & communications programs

rreiner@yunexus.YorkU.CA (Richard Reiner) (01/14/91)

When I run communications software in DESQview 386 2.31 with text
screen virtualization turned on, screen updates are very jerky (lines
are written in increments).  However, if I simultaneously have another
communications program idling in another window, the jerkiness goes
away entirely.  Vern Buerg's LIST seems to have the same effect.  The
DV manuals don't seem to say anything about this.  Does anyone know
what is going on?

--richard

rreiner@yunexus.YorkU.CA (Richard Reiner) (01/17/91)

The other day, I wrote:

>When I run communications software in DESQview 386 2.31 with text
>screen virtualization turned on, screen updates are very jerky (lines
>are written in increments).  However, if I simultaneously have another
>communications program idling in another window, the jerkiness goes
>away entirely.

I now have more data on this: the problem goes away I do not have my
mouse driver loaded.  Does this ring any bells for anyone?

--richard