[comp.sys.ibm.pc] SCSI-2 disk query

mahrk@ccicpg.UUCP (MHR {who?}) (01/18/91)

In <1991Jan16.203326.16718@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu>, rtaylor@theory.tn.cornell.edu writes:
> Is SCSI-2 backward compatible with SCSI-1?  In other words, will I be able
> to use my SCSI disks with a SCSI-2 controller?

You should be able to.  SCSI-2 is backward compatible; actually, SCSI-2
is supposed to be purely a set of extensions to SCSI-1 that the
manufacturers and developers were finally able to agree on after SCSI-1,
plus the tape standard.

This is no guarantee that it will work, but you should be able at least
to try it.  Isn't SCSI fun?!?!?

> Mark Linderman
> --
> Craig Chase            |         Cornell University

Wait a second - which are you: R. Taylor, Mark Linderman or Craig Chase?
Or are all three of you asking?

--
Mark A. Hull-Richter    UUCP:     ccicpg!mahrk  Clever remark stolen from
ICL North America       InterNet: [coming soon]      another netter: