[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Quick C information. Masm information

Kevin.Gmyrek@p5.f121.n324.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Kevin Gmyrek) (04/02/91)

 > What memory models does the quick c compiler support?
Quick C supports Compact, Small, Medium and Large models.

 > Does Masm support a key word (directive) .MODEL as in .MODEL
 > LARGE?
 > If so, since which version. My version complains of a syntax
 > error
 > when it encounters .MODEL LARGE.
MASM does support .MODEL LARGE  (also SMALL, MEDIUM, COMPACT and HUGE)
starting with version 5.0.

                                             Kevin

--- FD 1.99c
 * Origin: My two cents worth... (worth about 1.3 cents) (1:324/121.5)
--
Kevin Gmyrek - via FidoNet node 1:324/121 (UUCP/UseNet<->FidoNet gateway)
UUCP:  wizvax!buscard!121.5!Kevin.Gmyrek

lsh@polari.UUCP (Lee Hauser) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr1.194210.1093@bnlux1.bnl.gov> kushmer@bnlux1.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) writes:
>What memory models does the quick c compiler support?

Quick C supports all the models MS C does -- small, medium, compact and large,
at least, maybe huge as well.

>Does Masm support a key word (directive) .MODEL as in .MODEL LARGE?
>If so, since which version. error

I think all versions after 5.0 support something like this, but I'm not sure.

--
                  uw-beaver!sumax!seattle!lsh -- lsh@seattle