[comp.sys.ibm.pc] I/O and Intel 8259A

syau@aludra.usc.edu (Shu-Jye Syau) (04/06/91)

Hi :
    I install a voice card in PC , when voice input , the ADC will interrupt
8259A , and execute a interrupt handler to read in digital data from ADC .
(hardware interrupt).

    My problem is how can I get the interrupt number ?
    I use TC 2.0 , setvect(intno,int_vect) .

    The data inport address is 0x0394 .
    Please help !!!!!

scott
USC
syau@aludra.usc.edu

robbar@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Baruch robert) (04/07/91)

In article <16412@chaph.usc.edu> syau@aludra.usc.edu (Shu-Jye Syau) writes:
>Hi :
>    I install a voice card in PC , when voice input , the ADC will interrupt
>8259A , and execute a interrupt handler to read in digital data from ADC .
>(hardware interrupt).

What IRQ line will the device interrupt on?  Is this interrupt enabled?
Has an ISR (interrupt service routine) been loaded in memory at the
address specified in the Interrupt Vector Table?

These are all important questions that must be answered to get a
device to respond to an interrupt.