[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Adlib replacing PC speaker

ragnarok@buhub.bradley.edu (Ragnarok) (04/05/91)

In <904@antares.Concordia.CA> marcap@antares.concordia.ca ( MARC ANDREW PAWLOWSKY ) writes:

>Does anybody have a device driver, tsr, ... to replace the PC speaker with the
>AdLib sound card?

>The reason for this is simple.  I've got the AdLib through a volume
>control and with head phones.  I want my normal speaker to go through
>this system.

ftp to ux1.cso.uiuc.edu, look under directory /pc/exec-pc/new, and get the
file SPUT111.ZIP.  That is the file you need.

--
INTERNET:
ragnarok@buhub.bradley.edu     OR

langev@cbnewse.att.com (steve.j.langevin) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr4.174328.19012@bradley.bradley.edu>, ragnarok@buhub.bradley.edu (Ragnarok) writes:
<
<Does anybody have a device driver, tsr, ... to replace the PC speaker with the
<AdLib sound card?
<
<The reason for this is simple.  I've got the AdLib through a volume
<control and with head phones.  I want my normal speaker to go through
<this system.
<
> ftp to ux1.cso.uiuc.edu, look under directory /pc/exec-pc/new, and get the
> file SPUT111.ZIP.  That is the file you need.

Could you possiblly post this file or send me a copy?  I don't have access
to ftp sites.  I'd appreciate it.   Thanks

Steve Langevin             att!iwddo1!langev                 (708) 979-5949

      Ok -- so its not the best signature line.  I'M WORKING ON IT!

Steve Langevin             att!iwddo1!langev                 (708) 979-5949

ppa@col.hp.com (Paul Austgen) (04/08/91)

Do you know the address of this site?  I need this to do the ftp

Thanks,  Paul

tommie@Pacesetter.COM (Tom Levin) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr5.145036.12544@cbnewse.att.com> langev@cbnewse.att.com (steve.j.langevin) writes:
>In article <1991Apr4.174328.19012@bradley.bradley.edu>, ragnarok@buhub.bradley.edu (Ragnarok) writes:
><
><Does anybody have a device driver, tsr, ... to replace the PC speaker with the
><AdLib sound card?
><
><The reason for this is simple.  I've got the AdLib through a volume
><control and with head phones.  I want my normal speaker to go through
><this system.
><
>> ftp to ux1.cso.uiuc.edu, look under directory /pc/exec-pc/new, and get the
>> file SPUT111.ZIP.  That is the file you need.

I tried to ftp this file, but it doesn't exist in the given directory.
If anyone has this or knows where to get it, please let us know.

mnrausch@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Martin Rausche) (04/15/91)

tommie@Pacesetter.COM (Tom Levin) writes:

>In article <1991Apr5.145036.12544@cbnewse.att.com> langev@cbnewse.att.com (steve.j.langevin) writes:
>>In article <1991Apr4.174328.19012@bradley.bradley.edu>, ragnarok@buhub.bradley.edu (Ragnarok) writes:
>><
>><Does anybody have a device driver, tsr, ... to replace the PC speaker with the
>><AdLib sound card?
>><
>><The reason for this is simple.  I've got the AdLib through a volume
>><control and with head phones.  I want my normal speaker to go through
>><this system.
>><
>>> ftp to ux1.cso.uiuc.edu, look under directory /pc/exec-pc/new, and get the
>>> file SPUT111.ZIP.  That is the file you need.

>I tried to ftp this file, but it doesn't exist in the given directory.
>If anyone has this or knows where to get it, please let us know.

Try ftp to wsmr-simtel20.army.mil I think you can find that file in
PD1:<MSDOS.SOUND>. Hope that helps. Martin.
---
| Martin Rausche                                                              |
| EMail: mnrausch@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de                            |
| Trust me, I know what I'm doing -- Sledge Hammer                            |