[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Graphics Screen Dump Was: Hybrid Tandy Graphics Modes

coop@think.com (paul cooper) (05/02/91)

In article <9105011859.AA14930@lilac.berkeley.edu> C512052@UMCVMB.BITNET ("David K. Drum") writes:
	Does anyone know how dump an IBM graphics screen to a graphics
	printer.  I have tried loading graftabl and graphics.com and
	doing shift prt. scr.  The display adapter I am using is a
	Hercules controller.

			<Tom>

luis@crcc.uh.edu (05/05/91)

In article <1991May1.192510.6245@Think.COM>, coop@think.com (paul cooper) writes:
> In article <9105011859.AA14930@lilac.berkeley.edu> C512052@UMCVMB.BITNET ("David K. Drum") writes:
> 	Does anyone know how dump an IBM graphics screen to a graphics
> 	printer.  I have tried loading graftabl and graphics.com and
> 	doing shift prt. scr.  The display adapter I am using is a
> 	Hercules controller.
>
> 			<Tom>

	If you had included the kind of printer you have maybe I could of help
you more.  If I am correct the GRAPHICS external DOS command allow to print the
contents of the screen which are not graphics; in other words it must be enable
d in order to print graphics characters.  You have done that already.  The
problem then is that your printer is not emulating the right printer mode.  I
believe that your printer is printing letters in places where there should be
lines or edges.  If you can get your printer to emulate the IBM Proprinter by
means of its dip switches then you will get the desired output.  And this you
look for in the manual.
	By the way GRAFTABL is used to help PC's display extended characters in
medium resolution graphics mode.
                                             Jose E.

  ??@@<Trikazoid>----------> Yes, working on signature.