[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Formatting/partitioning hard disks

langev@cbnewse.att.com (steve.j.langevin) (05/24/91)

I just purchased DR DOS 5.0 and installed it on my hard disk.
I would like to redo my 80MB hard disk into a single partition.
I have Disk Manager 4.0 and it will only allow bootable partitions
of 32MB or less.  Is there a newer version that will let me do
an 80MB bootable partition?  What other "disk manager" type
programs are out there?  Which is best?  Thanks

Steve Langevin             att!iwddo1!langev                 (708) 979-5949

      Ok -- so its not the best signature line.  I'M WORKING ON IT!

jtevik@gisplot1.nrri.umn.edu (John Tevik) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May23.231748.7158@cbnewse.att.com> langev@cbnewse.att.com (steve.j.langevin) writes:
>I just purchased DR DOS 5.0 and installed it on my hard disk.
>I would like to redo my 80MB hard disk into a single partition.
>I have Disk Manager 4.0 and it will only allow bootable partitions
>of 32MB or less.  Is there a newer version that will let me do
>an 80MB bootable partition?  What other "disk manager" type
>programs are out there?  Which is best?  Thanks

DR DOS 5.0 has indigenous support for large (>32M) disk partitions.
You'll need to start with the DR DOS fdisk utility to remove any existing
partitions (backup first) and create a single bootable 80M partition
which you can then format.  You will no longer need Disk Manager.

--
John Tevik	jtevik@gisplot1.nrri.umn.edu (128.101.45.101)
Programmer	(218)720-4247 (voice)