[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Excuse me, but WP does support a mouse

tedm@agora.rain.com (Ted Mittelstaedt) (06/06/91)

At least 5.1 does.  Try shift F1 to go into setup and there are lots of meese
supported there.  Where do you get the idea that WP doesn't support a mouse?

tedm@agora.rain.com

mrr1@Isis.MsState.Edu (mark r rauschkolb) (06/13/91)

tedm@agora.rain.com (Ted Mittelstaedt) writes:

>At least 5.1 does.  Try shift F1 to go into setup and there are lots of meese
>supported there.  Where do you get the idea that WP doesn't support a mouse?

>tedm@agora.rain.co

But can you actually do anything with the mouse?
Can you use it on those wonderful? pull-down menus?
My copy knows that I have a mouse, but it won't let me use it.

 -Mark
  mrr1@isis.msstate.edu

lair@ellis.uchicago.edu (Scott A. Laird) (06/13/91)

In article <mrr1.676755285@Isis.MsState.Edu> mrr1@Isis.MsState.Edu (mark r rauschkolb) writes:
>tedm@agora.rain.com (Ted Mittelstaedt) writes:
>

>>At least 5.1 does.  Try shift F1 to go into setup and there are lots of meese
>>supported there.  Where do you get the idea that WP doesn't support a mouse?
>
>>tedm@agora.rain.co
>
>But can you actually do anything with the mouse?
>Can you use it on those wonderful? pull-down menus?
>My copy knows that I have a mouse, but it won't let me use it.
>
> -Mark
>  mrr1@isis.msstate.edu

Huh?  I can use the mouse to select items from the pull down menus and to
select text.  More or less what any other word processing program lets you
do with a mouse.  I think you have the mouse set up wrong, or maybe I'm just
confused...

Scott.
--
Scott A. Laird            |  "But this goes to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615"
lair@midway.uchicago.edu  |  		   - Nigel on his 64-bit computer

ecldco@isc.rit.edu (E.C. Loyd) (06/14/91)

In article <mrr1.676755285@Isis.MsState.Edu> mrr1@Isis.MsState.Edu (mark r rauschkolb) writes:
>tedm@agora.rain.com (Ted Mittelstaedt) writes:
>

>>At least 5.1 does.  Try shift F1 to go into setup and there are lots of meese
>>supported there.  Where do you get the idea that WP doesn't support a mouse?
>
>>tedm@agora.rain.co
>
>But can you actually do anything with the mouse?
>Can you use it on those wonderful? pull-down menus?
>My copy knows that I have a mouse, but it won't let me use it.
>
> -Mark
>  mrr1@isis.msstate.edu

It does...try hitting the right mouse button some time...you'll be
surprised at the results.

-Eric

--
ECLDCO@RITVAXC.bitnet      ECL6895@RITVAXC.bitnet
ECLDCO@ultb.isc.rit.edu    ECL6895@ultb.isc.rit.edu

tj@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Terry Jones) (06/14/91)

Yes WP supports a mouse and it works fine on the pulldown menu stuff.