[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for MSDOS 5.0

csasaki@halcyon.ogi.edu (06/18/91)

axa12@po.CWRU.Edu (Ashok Aiyar) writes:

> Like the subject says; I've been trying Egghead Software for
> 3 hours with no luck.
> Does anyone know of any alternative sources for MSDOS 5.0 that
> offer the same deal that Egghead does (39.95 ?)?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Ashok Aiyar
> axa12@po.cwru.edu
> aiyar@cwbio.bioc.cwru.edu

If you are trying during the week, try on Saturday, they're open, and
a lot less busy.  Also, if you try calling like 1/2 hour before closing
on a weekday, and you're lucky enough to get a hold message, your call
will be answered.  They are really busy, though...  If you have a catalog
you could try their fax number to place an order.  I have a flyer here,
and they are open until 6pm Pacific, Mon-Sat.  I don't know of any other
places that have such a deal, and I think Egghead's taking a loss on Dos
sales, so that may be why no one else has it so low, but they are doing
some big business here...

Again, std disclaimers apply here...

--
  The 23:00 News and Mail Service - +1 206 292 9048 - Seattle, WA USA
                           PEP, V.32, V.42