[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Cnvrt MS-DOS 5.0 from 3.5 to 5.25 HELP

garlangr@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Mark T Garlanger) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun18.092013.51422@gmuvax.gmu.edu> juraschek@gmuvax.gmu.edu writes:
>I acquired MS-DOS 5.0 at Egghead at their super bargain extravaganza.
>My principle PC uses 3.5 diskettes, so that's the media I chose.
>My secondary PC, however uses 5.25" diskettes.  I wanna break down the
>3.5's into their equivalent 5.25's so I can upgrade the 5.25" machine
>and know they'll be no problems.
>Could some kind soul post the directories of the 5.25 version of the MS-DOS
>5.0 upgrade pack so I can make such diskettes from my 3.5's?  (Or can someone
>say FOR SURE that it doesn't really matter what the breakdown is - no
>speculations, please.)

So you want the net to help you do something illegal?  When you buy software,
it is only good for one computer.  If you want to have Dos 5.0
on your other computer you need to order another copy.

>Muchas gracias, amigos.
>
>-Dave

				Mark
--
Mark Garlanger          |

wct1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (William C Tom) (06/19/91)

According to the "Personal Computers" column in today's New York Times,
Microsoft specifies that each DOS 5.0 licence is for ONE machine only,
 i.e., not multiple machines per user.  The rationale given by MS is that
while application software conceivably may be moved from home 'puter to
notebook to office desktop, an operating system is likely to stay put
on one computer.  MS will sell additional licences without disks
or manuals for $79 list.  (Gee, what a bargain !)