[comp.sys.att] UNIX PC upgrade to v 3.5 ?

pkarn@opera.UUCP (01/07/87)

	Has anyone already installed the 3.5 upgrade of system software
and the utilities on the UNIX PC 7300 ? Does it fix the nasty bug in
v 3.0's telephone that keeps ignoring incoming calls ?  Could I keep
running  v 2.0 utilities with v 3.5 system foundation set?
	All advice pro or con will be appreciated.

	Phil Karn,Sr.
	opera!pkarn

dca@toylnd.UUCP (01/16/87)

Some one mentioned v3.5 for the Unix PC.  Is such a beast available?
What is the upgrade policy, cost, etc (I'm currently running 3.0).
Does it improve the phone device driver that has an annoying tendency
to go west and loves to get in a mode where it chirps the disk
once a second.  A uucico that doesn't continually get hung would be
nice also.  Is it any closer to a full SYS V rel 2 (a real SYS V
curses perhaps?).  Any and all info would be appreciated.
Thanx in advance.

David Albrecht

bob@osu-eddie.UUCP (01/20/87)

From: mark@gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard)
Newsgroups: unix-pc.general
Subject: upgrade to 3.5
Date: 2 Dec 86 14:46:00 GMT

Ok, here it is, all of the info that you could possibly want on the
upgrade to 3.5!

First, call 1-800-432-6600 and press 1 and ask for the famous operator 902,
or call 1-317-352-8416 and ask for Linda Fry (alias 902). Give her your
name and address and she will mail you a form to be filled out and returned withyour master 3.0 disk, and $95.00. This will buy you 27 pounds of books,
System 5 3.5 foundation AND THE UTILITIES set!!! You MUST act before Feb 1st
or the cost goes up to $495 for each set.

--
                                       Mark Hilliard
                                     ethos!gizzmo!mark