[net.movies] Who was who in American Graffiti

daemon@decwrl.UUCP (09/19/83)

From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>

 Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.movies
>From : EIFFEL::BLICKSTEIN   "Dave Blickstein"   19-SEP-1983 11:14 *
Subject:  Who was who in American Graffiti

I know of two people from AG who went on to larger fame.

McKenzie Philips (daughter of Mama & Papas John Philips) went on to play
one of the daughters in One Day at a Time, the TV show.

Harrison Ford (under the name of Paul LeMat) of Star Wars, Blade Runner
and Raiders of the Last Ark fame was also in the film.

These are the only two I know of, but I remember that there were a lot more.

	db

		Mail address : ...decvax!decwrl!"EIFFEL::BLICKSTEIN"

 End Forwarded Message

bch@unc.UUCP (Byron Howes ) (09/20/83)

Paul LeMat would be quite upset to find someone thinks he's Harrison Ford.
While not a great actor, he has been in some significant films ("Melvin
and Howard") as well as some insignificant ("Death Valley") ones.  Har-
rison Ford played under his own name in American Graffiti.   *Please*

					Byron Howes
					UNC - Chapel Hill
					devax!duke!unc!bch

jeff@dciem.UUCP (Jeff Richardson) (09/20/83)

American Graffiti was a good movie for future stars to break in.
I didn't even remember Harrison Ford being in it.  He's certainly
come a long way since then.  A then unknown Suzanne Sommers, formerly
of Three's Company was also in AG.  I think Cindy Williams from
Laverne And Shirley was in it too.  I'm sure Ron Howard's role in
Happy Days was a direct result of his work in AG.  He was already
famous from the old Andy Griffith shows, but hadn't been heard from
much since then.  If not for American Graffiti and Happy Days, he'd
probably be long forgotten by now.  I think Richard Dreyfuss was in
AG too, but he was probably already famous by then.

                               Jeff Richardson
                               DCIEM, Toronto

rtf@ihuxw.UUCP (sparrow) (09/22/83)

Jeff,

	Harison Ford was the guy in the cowboy hat who
drove the black '55 chevy in the race against John Milner.

					sparrow