[comp.sys.att] Where can I get a SCSI port for my AT&T 3B2/300

jdc@osupyr.UUCP (Jim D Corder) (05/09/87)

	In Mr.Randy Davis' response to Ed Scheinerman question:

	>I am interested in purchasing a larger hard disk for my
	>AT&T 3B2/310. I'd appreciate info about vendors, experience,
	>etc. Please respond by e-mail to

#   3) Add SCSI to your system.  (Small Computer Systems Interface)  Numbers
#      one and two may be cheaper (I do not know), but the SCSI interface will
#      allow more expansion: up to 28 135 MB disks off of one I/O slot.  (Yes,
#      28 X 135 MB = 3.78 GB!!)  I am unsure at the moment of the exact size of
#      these SCSI drives that are being marketed at the moment, but they are in
#      the area of 135MB. The SCSI interface will allow the connection of other
#      devices other than disk drives.  You can, for instance, configure it
#      with a maximum of 24 disks and one 9-track tape drive (of course, you
#      can put just one disk on it and expand it later...).

	I have wanted a SCSI port for my AT&T 3B2/300 for a long time!!!  A
co-worker of mine has one on his IBM AT.  He has a Banoolie(sp, sorry) box on
his machine.  I know I am spelling "Banoolie" wrong, sorry Iomega.  This device
allows my friend to have "unlimited" disk space...  The unit has 2 removable
20MB disks.  The disks sell for around $150.00 the drive for around $3,000.00

	Is the SCSI port a "PC" SCSI port, ie can I purchase SCSI hardware
off the shelf or is a new device driver needed for each.

	WHERE CAN I GET A SCSI PORT for my 3B2/300????  What is the cost?:-)

				Thank you,
   _______
   |     |			James D. Corder
   |UNIX!|			P.O. Box 27473
  ---------			Columbus, Ohio 43227
   \~. .~/
   (  *  )			...cbatt!osupyr!Alix!corder
----| O |----
    \ v /
 --- \ / ---
      V                         Your comments may someday become part of a book!

cwd@cuae2.UUCP (05/11/87)

AT&T has a SCSI product line for the 3B2 family with a SCSI host adapter card
that works in any 3B2 computer. Supported peripherals include: 60MB streaming
tape, 94 and 135 MB ESDI disks, a new XM model (450S) that houses 3 135MB disks,
and a 1600 bpi 9 track tape. All can be ordered from your AT&T account rep.

Chris Donahue
AT&T Computer Systems Div.
Customer Systems Engineering

mark@gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard) (05/12/87)

In article <9521@cuae2.ATT.COM> cwd@cuae2.UUCP (-Chris Donahue) writes:
>AT&T has a SCSI product line for the 3B2 family with a SCSI host adapter card
>that works in any 3B2 computer. Supported peripherals include: 60MB streaming
>tape, 94 and 135 MB ESDI disks, a new XM model (450S) that houses 3 135MB disks
>and a 1600 bpi 9 track tape. All can be ordered from your AT&T account rep.

You can order these products as well as any other AT&T products from Amperfax
or from Software Solutions (agent) in N.Y. at  a considerable savings over
a direct AT&T purchase. I have included the addresses below.

Andrew Cohen,President
AMPERFAX CORPORATION
1928 N.E. 154th Street
North Miami Beach, Florida
33162

SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
1557 Starflower Ct.
Walworth, N.Y.  14568

Please tell Amperfax where you got this data (newsnet)!!!

--