[comp.sys.att] 7300/3B1/S50 hardware references manuals

dave@arnold.UUCP (06/14/87)

Has anybody seen the $350 hardware reference manual for the 7300?
Is it any good?  What information is in it?
Convergent Technologies has a hardware reference manual for their version
of the 7300 (S/50), it costs $100.  Why is AT&T's so much more expensive?
Does the AT&T version have more info?
Also anybody have a service manual?
What information does this have?
I suppose it has info like how to install a bigger disk drive.
Installing a new drive drive seems like it would be pretty easy, and
I can't see spending $150 on a manual to do it.

Dave Arnold

UUCP:	seismo!uunet!arnold!arnold
	attmail!arnold!dave

lm@cottage.WISC.EDU (Larry McVoy) (06/14/87)

In article <110@arnold.UUCP> dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
>Has anybody seen the $350 hardware reference manual for the 7300?
>Is it any good?  What information is in it?

I've heard that it's a joke - their other manuals in this vein certainly
are.

>Convergent Technologies has a hardware reference manual for their version
>of the 7300 (S/50), it costs $100.

I'd bet this is good - I think the PC7300 is designed and maintained by
convergent (anyone want to verify this); if that's true then they know much
more about the machine than AT&T.

By the way - how much does convergent want for S/50?

Larry McVoy 	        lm@cottage.wisc.edu  or  uwvax!mcvoy