[comp.sys.att] scrset program

dave@arnold.UUCP (06/17/87)

Anybody know why the scrset program was not included on the AT&T UNIXpc
version 3.0 System software distribtion?  Does Anybody know where I can
get one?  This program apparently turns the crt off after a specified
period of time.  Something I need.
I'm out of warranty, and AT&T is no help.  They want
me to pay consulting charges just to ask the question, arrrgggggg!!!!!

Dave Arnold

UUCP:	seismo!uunet!arnold!dave

gws2@cblpf.ATT.COM (Gary Sanders) (06/17/87)

In article <114@arnold.UUCP> dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
>Anybody know why the scrset program was not included on the AT&T UNIXpc
>version 3.0 System software distribtion?  Does Anybody know where I can
>get one?  This program apparently turns the crt off after a specified

The scrset that was listed in some 3.0 docs did not come with the
system software distribution, the reason, it did NOT work, or caused
the system to painc trap. The screen blank does work on unix-pc 3.5.
You may look into upgrading or get a copy of a PD program called dim.
Dim did the screen blanking on 3.0. I might have a copy laying around
if you want it.

ken@dhw68k.UUCP (Kenneth P. Tobias) (06/18/87)

In article <114@arnold.UUCP> dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
>Anybody know why the scrset program was not included on the AT&T UNIXpc
>version 3.0 System software distribtion?  Does Anybody know where I can
>get one?

scrset is definately not in version 3.0.  I made that call while still
under warranty and they just said "nope we didn't put it in."  It is
however in the ver 3.5 release.

Send me some mail if you still need it.

See ya,
Ken

...!dhw68k!marge!ken
...!dhw68k!ken
ken@dhw68k.CTS.COM

wjc@ho5cad.ATT.COM (06/19/87)

In article <114@arnold.UUCP>, dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
> Anybody know why the scrset program was not included on the AT&T UNIXpc
> version 3.0 System software distribtion?  Does Anybody know where I can

Although it   was advertised with  a   man page,  the program  was not
bugfree and it  caused the system  to crash.  You  need the 3.5 kernel
for it to work.

	-:Bill Carpenter
	  ho5cad!wjc

PS:-  Not affiliated with UNIXpc development.