[comp.sys.att] dropping DTR on a 3B2

jhc@mtune.UUCP (06/21/87)

In article <2582@psuvax1.UUCP> jte@psuvax1.psu.edu.UUCP (Jon Eckhardt) writes:
>I have a AT&T 3B2/300 running System V 3.0.
>Does anyone know how I can get the 3b2 to drop DTR on pin 20?

Gosh, an easy one!

Two-and-a-half things are necessary on a UNIX system to drop a call
successfully in the case you describe. Note that these are generic
problems, and as such have nothing to do with the 3B2. Why aren't you
running 3.1 though? OK, first, you have to have both HUPCL *set* and
CLOCAL *unset* on the line. Otherwise the systems will see the DCD
drop and either ignore it (if CLOCAL is set) or respond to it but not
drop DTR (if HUPCL is unset). Second, the dataswitch has to be
dropping DCD to the system if the remote end drops the call. Otherwise
the system never finds out that the call has gone down...
--
Jonathan Clark
[NAC,attmail]!mtune!jhc

An Englishman never enjoys himself except for some noble purpose.