[comp.sys.att] 0.0K Combo board

cliff@ethos.UUCP (06/23/87)

I hate salespeople, so you think I'd know better by now, but....

I just got my 7300 in and went to happily install my 256 150ns
(do I need to go to 120ns?) DRAMS into my socketed 0.0K Combo
board when lo and behold, the sockets had done fell out! Rochester!
Anyway - they seem to have fallen out before the wave solder, so....

Luckily I have access to a temp control vacuum powered solder gun
so I can install the sockets (what fun) (rows 5-10), and the little
jumperbabies (W1-W3), but what else do I need? Pals, proms, pom-poms.

Excuse me, it's been a long day.  Am I right in assuming that if I
put in rows 5-10 (6 rows) and fill them with 256K'ers (as per the
manualette) I'll get 1.5M?

--
Cliff    {ihnp4,mcnc}!ethos!cliff
Increase our bandwidth: Shrink headers, use abbrev's, BAN CUTE SHIT!

gws@gwspc.UUCP (Gary W. Sanders) (06/23/87)

In article <1371@ethos.UUCP> cliff@ethos.UUCP (Cliff Elam) writes:
>I hate salespeople, so you think I'd know better by now, but....
>
>I just got my 7300 in and went to happily install my 256 150ns
>(do I need to go to 120ns?) DRAMS into my socketed 0.0K Combo
>board when lo and behold, the sockets had done fell out! Rochester!
>Anyway - they seem to have fallen out before the wave solder, so....

	Yes, If you get a 0MB dual port board you get "0mb and 2 ports"
	If you get a .5mb dual port board you get .5mb, 2 ports
	and sockets for the full 1.5mb of memory. just add chips..

>Luckily I have access to a temp control vacuum powered solder gun
>so I can install the sockets (what fun) (rows 5-10), and the little
>jumperbabies (W1-W3), but what else do I need? Pals, proms, pom-poms.

	Again as with Craig's (il_cmv!cmv) memory board upgrade, great
	can needs to be taken and this is not a beginner task..

>Excuse me, it's been a long day.  Am I right in assuming that if I
>put in rows 5-10 (6 rows) and fill them with 256K'ers (as per the
>manualette) I'll get 1.5M?

	YES!!

--
Gary W. Sanders      {cbosgd|ihnp4}!gwspc!gws	AT&T Bell Labs (Columbus)
72277,1325 (cis)				N8EMR @ W8CQK	(packet)