[comp.sys.att] .phclr program

dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) (07/14/87)

Does anybody know what the .phclr program does for version 3.5?

P.S.  Yes, I am running 3.5 now! :-)   I also upgrade my 10meg hard drive
to 40meg :-)

Dave Arnold

UUCP:	...!seismo!uunet!arnold!dave

law@mtunb.ATT.COM (Larry Weber) (07/16/87)

In article <126@arnold.UUCP> dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
>Does anybody know what the .phclr program does for version 3.5?
>
>P.S.  Yes, I am running 3.5 now! :-)   I also upgrade my 10meg hard drive
>to 40meg :-)
>
>Dave Arnold
>
>UUCP:	...!seismo!uunet!arnold!dave

The .phclr program is what is run by the system to blankout the phone
manager portion of the status line when a phone manager is not installed.

Larry Weber
mtunb!law

jhh@ihlpl.ATT.COM (Haller) (07/16/87)

In article <126@arnold.UUCP>, dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
> Does anybody know what the .phclr program does for version 3.5?

When the telephone manager is not installed, .phclr keeps that section
of the screen blank.  Kill it, and see what the difference.  You
will get the dots typical of when you log out.