[comp.sys.att] yet another undocumented option in AT&T System V, 2.0

terrell@musky2.UUCP (Roger Terrell) (07/21/87)

Once again, apologies if this is common knowledge:

When the AT&T 3B2/300 (UNIX System V, version 2.0) gives the

SYSTEM FAILURE: CONSULT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORS GUIDE

error (May it never happen to you!), don't bother.  It is really a prompt
to enter firmware mode.  Enter your firmware mode password here, and it
will let you in... If you want to try it, just hit your reset button while
the system is up and running.  I *am not* recommending that you do that!

--
Roger W. Terrell
UUCP: ...cbosgd!musky2!terrell (or) terrell@musky2.UUCP

mpl@sfsup.UUCP (M.P.Lindner) (07/24/87)

In article <477@musky2.UUCP>, terrell@musky2.UUCP (Roger Terrell) writes:
> Once again, apologies if this is common knowledge:
>
> SYSTEM FAILURE: CONSULT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORS GUIDE

yes, it's documented in Chapter 8 ("Troubles") of the
"3B2 Computer Model 300 Owner/Operator Manual"

Apology accepted :{)