[comp.sys.att] undump for UNIX/PC

elh@vu-vlsi.UUCP (Edward L. Hepler) (08/13/87)

Does anyone have an "undump" program (source preferable) for the
UNIX/PC?  I am trying to port TeX (the C version) to my machine.

I have considered modifying a couple of undump programs which I have:
one for Suns, the other for an Encore? COFF format a.out....

One problem I have had is that the UNIX/PC core file does not
seem to match the core(4) manual page.  The manual page states
that the first part of the core file should be a copy of the user
structure... It seems to me that there are 0x900 bytes of something
in the core file before the user structure seems to start...
Anyone know what this is?  This is all speculation based on looking
at od output of the core image.....

Any help will be appreciated before I start hacking ...

Thanks,

Ed Hepler
elh@vu-vlsi

pgf@mtung.ATT.COM (Paul Fox) (08/13/87)

In article <1057@vu-vlsi.UUCP> elh@vu-vlsi.UUCP (Edward L. Hepler) writes:

>It seems to me that there are 0x900 bytes of something
>in the core file before the user structure seems to start...
>Anyone know what this is?  This is all speculation based on looking
>at od output of the core image.....

	It's probably an image of kernel stack space... see comments
	near end of /usr/include/sys/user.h

--
			Paul Fox, AT&T Information Systems, Middletown NJ.
			  [ihnp4|vax135]!mtung!pgf (201)957-2698