[comp.sys.att] Wanted: TeX Preview for 7300

sherlock@uiucuxe.cso.uiuc.edu (08/11/87)

Is there a public domain TeX previewer for the PC 7300?  If so, where can I get
a copy?

Tom Sherlock

Arpanet: sherlock%uiucuxe@a.cs.uiuc.edu
Csnet:   sherlock%uiucuxe@uiuc.csnet
Bitnet:  sherlock@uiucuxe
Usenet:  {inhp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!uiucuxc!uiucuxa!uiucuxe!sherlock

dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) (08/12/87)

Has anybody compiled TeX on the 7300?  If so, maybe it would be nice to
post it to unix-pc.sources.

--
Name:		Dave Arnold
USmail:		26561 Fresno, Mission Viejo, Ca, 92691 USA

elh@vu-vlsi.UUCP (Edward L. Hepler) (08/14/87)

In article <138@arnold.UUCP>, dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
> Has anybody compiled TeX on the 7300?  If so, maybe it would be nice to
> post it to unix-pc.sources.

I have compiled the C version of (version 2.1) on my UNIX/PC and am
currently trying to get an "undump" that works to allow me to create
a preloaded version of TeX and LATeX. (A previous posting asked for
pointers, help in acquiring an "undump" for the 3b1).

I also have a version of a TeX previewer for the Sun which I have been
looking at to determine how hard it may be to port. (So far it looks like
it may not be too bad).  Biggest problem will probably be finding enough
disk space to store all the needed fonts.....

Ed Hepler
elh@vu-vlsi