[comp.sys.att] Switch table overflow in a 3B2/400

resende@garnet.berkeley.edu.UUCP (08/13/87)

I am trying to install a program written in C (ctex) in our 3b2/400.
It won't compile one of the files (error: switch table overflow).
Other than patching the program, is there a way of fixing this problem?
We are running Sys V rel 3.0, with version 4.0 of the C compiler.

pwy@pyuxe.UUCP (Peyton Yanchurak) (08/19/87)

In article <4704@jade.BERKELEY.EDU>, resende@garnet.berkeley.edu (,,,,GM24) writes:
> I am trying to install a program written in C (ctex) in our 3b2/400.
> It won't compile one of the files (error: switch table overflow).
> Other than patching the program, is there a way of fixing this problem?
> We are running Sys V rel 3.0, with version 4.0 of the C compiler.

Version 4.1 of the C compiler should fix this problem.  It
does dynamic memory allocation for its internal tables.  Previous
releases had staticaly allocated tables.  The 4.1 C compiler was
released in April, it came out with UNIX  System V Release 3.1. ,
but the binaries are sold separatly(it is included with the
source code distribution).  The 4.1 C compiler also supports
internationalization and new procedutes for handling timezones/daylight
savings time.

				Peyton Yanchurak
				Bellcore
				pyuxe!pwy