[comp.sys.att] looking for cscope source

brad@bradley.UUCP (08/28/87)

Anyone have the source for cscope(1) from 'THE STORE!'?

Bradley Smith			UUCP: {cepu,ihnp4,noao,uiucdcs}!bradley!brad
Text Processing			ARPA: cepu!bradley!brad@CS.UCLA
Bradley University		PH: (309) 677-2337
Peoria, IL 61625

richard@islenet.UUCP (08/31/87)

In article <3736@ihlpg.ATT.COM> bamford@ihlpg.UUCP (Harold E. Bamford) writes:
> I am the provider (but not the author) of the version of cscope(1) on
> the STORE and I can state fairly certainly that the source is not
> available outside of AT&T.  Sorry.  I wish it were otherwise.

I vaguely recall that cscope is or was available from the AT&T
Software Toolchest which was just mentioned elsewhere in this
newgroup.  I don't have my Toolchest catalog at hand just now
to verify this.

--
Richard Foulk		...{dual,vortex,ihnp4}!islenet!richard
Honolulu, Hawaii

bamford@ihlpg.ATT.COM (Harold E. Bamford) (08/31/87)

I am the provider (but not the author) of the version of cscope(1) on
the STORE and I can state fairly certainly that the source is not
available outside of AT&T.  Sorry.  I wish it were otherwise.

--
				Harold Bamford, AT&T Bell Labs
				IHP 2F-524 (312) 416-7397

dmk@dmk3b1.UUCP (David Keaton) (09/01/87)

In article <3736@ihlpg.ATT.COM> bamford@ihlpg.UUCP (Harold E. Bamford) writes:
>I am the provider (but not the author) of the version of cscope(1) on
>the STORE and I can state fairly certainly that the source is not
>available outside of AT&T.  Sorry.  I wish it were otherwise.

The source to cscope is available to anyone through the AT&T Toolchest.
--
					David Keaton
					dmk%dmk3b1@uunet.uu.net

pwy@pyuxe.UUCP (09/01/87)

CSCOPE source code is available through the AT&T Toolchest
for $300 for a company wide license.

			Peyton Yanchurak
			Bellcore

bamford@ihlpg.ATT.COM (Harold E. Bamford) (09/02/87)

When I said cscope was not available outside of AT&T, I was referring
to free availability.  On the principle that everything has a price,
then cscope is available.  Of course, the version on the ToolChest is
fairly old.