[comp.sys.att] lowest 3b1 promo prices

riddle@woton.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle ) (09/02/87)

All of this comparison of 3B1 sale prices is most welcome, but I wonder if it
isn't a moot point, or soon to be one.  Wasn't the fire sale scheduled to
last only "through the end of the summer"?  Does anyone know about a firm
time limit on these prices, and what happens when that date is passed?

--- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
--- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Shriners Burns Institute.
--- riddle@woton.UUCP  {ihnp4,harvard,seismo}!ut-sally!im4u!woton!riddle

asp@puck.UUCP (Andy Puchrik) (09/04/87)

In article <926@woton.UUCP>, riddle@woton.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle ) writes:
> All of this comparison of 3B1 sale prices is most welcome, but I wonder if it
> isn't a moot point, or soon to be one.  Wasn't the fire sale scheduled to
> last only "through the end of the summer"?  Does anyone know about a firm
> time limit on these prices, and what happens when that date is passed?
I'm glad everyone's enjoying their new machines.  Convergent Technology did
a great job on them.  Is there going to be a 3b100?  Does AT&T have any
plans for a new unix desktop?  Will Olivetti be bringing out a 386?  I
hope they try a Moto chip next time.

--
Internet: asp@puck.UUCP				Andy Puchrik
uucp: {alliant,wjh12}!maynard!puck!asp		Moonlight Systems

ignatz@chinet.UUCP (Dave Ihnat) (09/04/87)

I've just spoken with my VAR (VarTech), and the fire sale has been extended
through the end of September.  No word on further extensions.
--
	Dave Ihnat
	ihnp4!homebru!ignatz || ihnp4!chinet!ignatz || ihnp4!aicchi!ignatz

dpw@unisec.usi.com (Darryl P. Wagoner) (09/04/87)

In article <926@woton.UUCP> riddle@woton.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle ) writes:
>isn't a moot point, or soon to be one.  Wasn't the fire sale scheduled to
>last only "through the end of the summer"?  Does anyone know about a firm
>time limit on these prices, and what happens when that date is passed?

I told to John Hilton at Avnet and their sale has been extended until
31 Sept 1987.  Elek-Tek(sp) wouldn't say how long their prices were good.

--
Darryl Wagoner
UniSecure Systems, Inc.; 		dpw@unisec.usi.com

lee@chinet.UUCP (Lee Morehead) (09/19/87)

In article <1474@chinet.UUCP> ignatz@chinet.UUCP (Dave Ihnat) writes:
>I've just spoken with my VAR (VarTech), and the fire sale has been extended
>through the end of September.  No word on further extensions.
>--
>	Dave Ihnat
>	ihnp4!homebru!ignatz || ihnp4!chinet!ignatz || ihnp4!aicchi!ignatz

The above same VAR has told me within the last week that the fire sale
has been recently extended to 11/21/87.
--

					Lee Morehead
					...!ihnp4!chinet!lee

"One size fits all."
Just who is this "all" person anyway,
and why is he wearing my clothes?

olaf@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Henjum) (09/23/87)

This whole business of "extended to end of September," "extended to 11/21/87,"
etc. ad nauseum, is beginning to sound more and more like "the fire sale will
be extended until we've sold all of our UNIX PCs"!  Period.  :-) :-) :-)

Too bad somebody from AT&T-IS (or whatever it's called these days) couldn't
just SAY that and save us all the suspense of wondering whether or not AT&T
REALLY intends to stop the sale while still sitting on a substantial number
of 3b1/7300s.

Oh, well.

These opinions are mine and mine alone.  Who else would want them?