[comp.sys.att] AT&T PC Mouse & MS Codeview incompatibility ?

ejy@houxa.UUCP (E.YUREK) (09/28/87)

	I have an AT&T PC6300 with the AT&T mouse, am trying to
	use MS Codeview in window mode, and can't get a mouse
	cursor on the screen.

	It seems as though the mouse is working and the "invisible"
	cursor is moving around, because I am able to whiz the mouse
	straight up and select the various menu items.

	Also, this problem is not restricted to this one PC.
	I have the same setup at home, and experience the same
	problem there.

	Question:	Has anyone else encountered the above
			problem, an if so, is there any solution.

	Thanks in advance.

	Gene Yurek
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	Holmdel, N.J.

	EMAIL: houxa!ejy

hollen@mana.UUCP (09/30/87)

In article <1020@houxa.UUCP> ejy@houxa.UUCP (E.YUREK) writes:

>	I have an AT&T PC6300 with the AT&T mouse, am trying to
>	use MS Codeview in window mode, and can't get a mouse
>	cursor on the screen.

You don't mention it, but if the AT&T mouse is really a Mouse Systems
mouse (since they buy the 6300 from Olivetti, they probably buy the mouse
too) I not only have the same problem, but a solution.  The Mouse Systems
mouse needs version 5.3 of the MSMOUSE software.  Hope this is of some
help.

	Dion Hollenbeck             (619) 455-5590 x2814
	Megatek Corporation, 9645 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA  92121
	{ sdcsvax!sdcc6 | hp-sdd | seismo!s3sun } !megatek!hollen

dragon@oliveb.UUCP (Give me a quarter or I'll touch you) (10/01/87)

in article <186@megatek.UUCP>, hollen@mana.megatek.uucp (Dion Hollenbeck) says:

> You don't mention it, but if the AT&T mouse is really a Mouse Systems
> mouse (since they buy the 6300 from Olivetti, they probably buy the mouse
> too) I not only have the same problem, but a solution.  The Mouse Systems
> mouse needs version 5.3 of the MSMOUSE software.  Hope this is of some
> help.

What?!?!?  I thought almost for sure that the AT&T mouse is a Logitech
mouse.  At least when I hold the AT&T mice that I've seen next to a
Logitech mouse they look identical, except sometimes on the number of
buttons.

I can't comment on whether the Mouse Systems driver does or doesn't work...

--
Dean Brunette               {ucbvax,etc.}!hplabs!oliveb!olivej!dragon                                    {ucbvax,etc.}!hplabs!oliveb!dragon-oatc!dean
Olivetti Advanced Technology Center     _____   _____   __|__   _____

rps@homxc.UUCP (10/02/87)

In article <6200@oliveb.UUCP>, dragon@oliveb.UUCP (Give me a quarter or I'll touch you) writes:
> in article <186@megatek.UUCP>, hollen@mana.megatek.uucp (Dion Hollenbeck) says:
>
> > You don't mention it, but if the AT&T mouse is really a Mouse Systems
> > mouse (since they buy the 6300 from Olivetti, they probably buy the mouse
>
> What?!?!?  I thought almost for sure that the AT&T mouse is a Logitech
> mouse.  At least when I hold the AT&T mice that I've seen next to a
> Logitech mouse they look identical, except sometimes on the number of
> buttons.
>
> > 	Dion Hollenbeck             (619) 455-5590 x2814
> Dean Brunette               {ucbvax,etc.}!hplabs!oliveb!olivej!dragon
> Olivetti Advanced Technology Center     _____   _____   __|__   _____
> 20300 Stevens Creek Blvd.              |     |  _____|    |    |

If you look at the bottom of any AT&T mouse yoy will see that it is
made by LOGITECH, it says so in so many words.

crs@cpsc6b.cpsc6a.att.com (C. R. Seaman) (10/06/87)

writes:
< >
<
< You don't mention it, but if the AT&T mouse is really a Mouse Systems
< mouse [ ... ]
<
< 	Dion Hollenbeck             (619) 455-5590 x2814
< 	{ sdcsvax!sdcc6 | hp-sdd | seismo!s3sun } !megatek!hollen

The AT&T mouse is made by Logitech.  I have never tried one with
Codeview, so I don't know what is missing, but anyone who has
used a Logitech mouse should be able to provide the answer.

--
Chris Seaman            |    o\  /o
crs@cpsc6a.att.com <or> |      ||         See "Attack of the Killer Smiley"!